How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kerry Your Own Question
Kerry, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  35 years in Nursing: OB/GYN, Peds, Oncology, hospice, Ortho, Neuro, Addiction, Recovery, Geriatrics,
Type Your Health Question Here...
Kerry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have upper right side chest pain (above the brest) that I

Resolved Question:

I have upper right side chest pain (above the brest) that I can also feel in my upper back.    I can't twist my upper body all the way to the right and I can't turn my neck all the way to right without feeling the same chest and upper back pain. What is causing this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Kerry replied 8 years ago.


How long has this been going on? Is it related to any activity or exercise? Is it after meals? Have you done any new activities lately?


Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Just started yesterday, not related to any activity or exercise that I can think of. Not after meals it is constant. No new activities lately.

Expert:  Kerry replied 8 years ago.


It is possible it is a pulled muscle. It could also be gall bladder unless you've already had that removed. Another possibility is an infection in your lungs. If it persists, you will want to get in to see your doctor to check this out. if it is severe, enough to keep you from sleeping or doing normal activity, it merits a trip to the ER tonight. If you have any fear at all that this is related to your heart, again the ER tonight is the way to go.


Kerry and other Health Specialists are ready to help you