Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery
206912

I have had periodic chest pains and tingling in my left leg

Customer Question

I have had periodic chest pains and tingling in my left leg and foot. I called my Primary Physician to make an appointment, but could not get an appointment for three weeks. The nurse, however, spoke with the doctor and he advised that I go to Urgent Care.

Is Ingalls on Governors' Highway in Flossmoor an Urgent Care facility? Do I just go in and tell them that I would like to be seen and checked out?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in answering your question, but yes, it does appear that the place you reference has an urgent care facility:

http://www.ingalls.org/locations/Flossmoor.asp

Your doctor is concerned about your periodic chest pains -- as these can be the harbinger for heart conditions, such as a pre-cursor to a heart attack, it should be investigated with bloodwork, chest xray, and EKG.

You should not wait three weeks to get evaluated for chest pains -- which is why your doctor suggested urgent care for evaluation.