How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MasterDoc Your Own Question
MasterDoc, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1611
Experience:  Emergency Physician for 20 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
MasterDoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 36 year old man who finds that I have to urinate very

Resolved Question:

I am a 36 year old man who finds that I have to urinate very frequently. i went to my GP and he sent me to have an ULtrasound on my kidneys and bladder. This is what the report said
"No renal masses renal stones are seen. No hydronephrosis. Bladder show no evidence of masses. Post void residual in the bladder was 90mls. "
What do you think of this result.
I did suggest getting a cystometrogram or other tests but he said they are more for older men with a history of prostate cancer.
Do you think that a PVR of 90mls is high and what does it mean. My constant urinating is affecting my everyday life. Maybe I just have a small bladder. can you read the result and tell me what you think
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
I'm a little puzzled by your MD's dismissal of these results. A postvoid volume of 90 is VERY large. See the following link for details:
You will see that average is 9 and only 25% of men have over 35.4 (much less 90). You might try printing this out and bringing it to your MD and seeing if he decides to arrange for further testing.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
ANd a BONUS is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What would you expect the GP to do next in relation to tests? what would you send me for if I was your patient?
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
I would refer to a urologist and them decide whether or not to do a cystoscopy first. A cystometrogram might be considered also.
Please click ACCEPT.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.
MasterDoc and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you