MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Physician for 20 years
3119816

When taking Keppra - is it alright to take a Valium now and

Customer Question

When taking Keppra - is it alright to take a Valium now and then, to keep you a little more calm?
Category: Health
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
There is no interaction between these two drugs. You may take such a combination as prescribed by your MD>
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I know you are not my regular doctor, but would your express in your own opinnion, does this seem to be an awful lot of medicine for an occasional seizure. Is it possible that too much can also cause other problems, such as the nervous and anxiety that I have? Which is likely to bring on a seizure itself? If so is there any that you might recommend that might not be needed?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.
Using a valium not prescribed by your MD is a dangerous idea. It is also illegal.Your MD knows you and your issues well and I do not. You might tell him you tried one and it helped and he MIGHT be willing to prescribe a limited number.
THank you for the ACCEPT.