Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  PHD RN 40+ years in nursing all depts & units 20+ years as a midwife, certified lactation consultant
467755

is synthetic urine detectable in a lab

is synthetic urine detectable in a lab
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Annie replied 8 years ago.
Rob,

Yes- testing is very high tech these days and can detect synthetic urine. It also would not work to substitute someone elses' urine, and tests would show this. There is no way to fudge a urine test by substituting urine. Testing is very strict in that you will even be asked to empty your pockets, and will be accompanied to the bathroom. In some cases, someone may even be in the bathroom with you. The urine temperature is also measured, so whomever is watching over the test will know by temperature whether it is fresh or not, and holding someone elses' container of urine next to your body won't do the trick. Using heat pads also does not work. The only way to pass a drug test is to not do drugs unless you have a valid prescription.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

to tell you the truth , i dont think your answer is correct , and i never said anything about drugs , there are other reasons for keeping your life private.

Rob,

I am sorry you are offended but usually people ask about synthetic urine for lab testing, as they are trying to cheat testing. What is your reasoning behind wanting to use it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

reason or reasons for using the synthetic urine is not part of the question

i just wanted to know if it was detectable in a lab , you said that labs are very sophisticated and that it is detectable .

im not sure i believe this , since according to the manufacturer of synthetic urine , they

claim the testing equipment can be calibrated with synthetic urine.

Rob,

Manufacturers of synthetic urine will say anything to get a sale and this statement is incorrect that it will work. Testers are aware of this peoduct, so sophisticated testing is done which tests for variables such as creatine levels, temperature, specific gravity, and many other tests that can indicate that it is not real urine. So you would be wasting your money using such a product.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

theres one thing that your not taking into account , labs are making the product

so who would know better to get the product thru a lab but a lab.

Rob,

There are many ways to detect synthethic urine so there is no way to fudge a test whatsoever. Just because a so called lab associated with a manufacturer states that it works, this is only marketing and is not the case.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

im not trying to make anybody wrong , but i know that synthetic urine works, and it should . the government has no business as far up in our lives as they already are.

Rob,

All I can say is don't believe everything you read. If you are planning on using synthethic urine for an employment screening or for a job that periodically tests, you risk losing your job, or not getting the job. There is no way to fudge testing and it does not work. As you can see other experts have agreed with my postings. You are welcome to believe what you read, but myself and others can tell you that it does not work in cheating the system.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

i did not say i was planning on using synthetic urine , stick to the question , i asked if it worked or not and i get all these accusations .

Rob,

I was just stating- I was not accussing.