Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I used some hand cream as lubricant for anal masturbation.

Customer Question
the cream was not mine...
I used some hand cream as lubricant for anal masturbation. the cream was not mine but a tenant of my room for a while. Didn't consider it at the time but afterwards suddenly thought, if he used it as lubricant for sex (not that he necessarily would) and was infected would i be at risk of being infected?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
5/8/2009
Health Professional: Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN) replied 8 years ago
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)
Russ,

Any type of STD would not spread this way. An STD would be transmitted if any body fluids came in contact with you. If you are referring to cream that is in a jar, and he put his hand in the jar to grab some and use it, then you did the same thing, this would not be a means of transmission.
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)

thank you for your answer. If possible i would like to ask, if he used it and he was infected and his body fluids were on his hands, when he touched the cream would the cream then become infected and have the potential to transmit to my body through anal masturbation?

Russ,

Any type of organism that causes an STD cannot survive outside the body very long at all- it needs a host to survive. If you used a jar type lotion, then the possibility is very remote. Using a pump type lotion or even tube, I would highly doubt that anything could be transmitted.

It was a tube. Just wondered if hiv was originally passed into the tube, would it be able to survive within the cream inside the tube, and if so for how long?

Russ,

No- it would not survive in the tube at all as a live host is needed immediately. So in this case with a tube you have nothing to worry about whatsoever.

thank you for your help.

Russ,

You are welcome.
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie
Nurse Annie, Nurse (RN)