Dr. Ryan
Dr. Ryan, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Nursing, 3+ years nursing experience, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
11446854

I just fell on my knee replacement. Can I do any damage to

I just fell on my knee replacement. Can I do any damage to it? Right below my knee cap on the inside of my knee is all swollen.

Hello, and sorry to hear about your fall. First of all I want to make sure you didn't fall on anything else, especially your head, if you did, you should go it to be evaluated. If it truly was just your knee, you most likely didn't hurt anything mechanically. I would suspect you did cause some tissue damage, which will lead to some swelling and extra fluid on the knee for a few days. I would continue to ice it for the next few days, and it should begin to recede. If it doesn't, and it continues to swell, or your range of motion decreases, or you develop fevers or any other different symptoms, it would be worth getting checked out.

Otherwise I suspect you'll be just fine.

I hope this answers your questions, if not, please let me know, best wishes...

Please ask if you need clarification/more information.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are greatly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor, and does not establish a patient-physician relationship

Hello, I saw that you had posted another comment regarding hitting your head. I just wanted to make sure that if you did hit your head, since you're on coumadin, that you should go in to be checked out. If not, don't worry about it.

I noticed that someone else was trying to answer, but you don't have to pay any more money. If you have further questions regarding my answer, please just reply. Thanks and have a great day...