Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I JAMMED MY THUMB IN THE CAR DOOR AND IT IS NOW VERY SWOLLEN

I JAMMED MY THUMB IN THE CAR DOOR AND IT IS NOW VERY SWOLLEN AND BLACK STILL AFTER 5 DAYS. WHAT SHOULD I DO ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.

Greetings,

Is it cold or warm to touch? How much swollen ? Is it increasing? How is pain? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
IT SEEMS WARM TO THE TOUCH, THE SWELLING IS ABOUT 70% MORE THAN MY OTHER THUMB, IT SEEMED TO INCREASE LAST NIGHT AFTER THE ICE DIPPING. I THINK I HAVE ADJUSTED TO THE PAIN, BUT IT IS EXCRUTIATING IF I JAP IT AGAINST SOMETHING ACCIDENTALLY. I AM IN THE PHILLIPINES AND SAW THE HOUSE NURSE OF THE HOTEL, WHO THOUGHT IT WAS NOT BROKEN, SHE SAID I COULD EITHER HAVE THE NAIL REMOVED BY A SURGEON OR TAKE A PAIN KILLER AND RIDE IT OUT, SHE GAVE ME CELEBREX 200 MG PAIN KILLER. I READ ON THE INTERNET THAT YOU CAN HAVE A SURGEON DRILL A HOLE TO RELIEVE THE BLOOD AND THE PRESSURE, IT SOUNDS VERY MUMBO JUMBO TO ME.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The increase in swelling with pain & warmth sounds like inflammation. You should go to surgeon for an examination. An Xray should also be taken. Drainage of blood will depend after clinical & radiological assessment.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, thanks