DoctorS
DoctorS, Doctor
Experience:  MD, 30 years of medical practice
8358110

body, pain in chest that followed with numbness in face and head

Customer Question

29 years oldd, no health problems. one child 2 years old. having hot burning sensations in different spots of body, pain in chest that followed with numbness in face and head.
Category: Health
Expert:  DoctorS replied 8 years ago.
DearCustomer
It sounds like it could be many things and you should have your thyroid check and a blood count to determine if you are anemic. However if you are having true numbness in your face and head, you should get to medical attention right away as this may indicate decreased blood supply to your brain and will need to be evaluated immediately. Please get to medical attention, but please let me know if you have more questions.
DrS
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have already been to emergency room, they say it is anxiety , and there isn't anything they can do. first they said it was a allergic reaction, but now they are saying its anxiety.
Expert:  DoctorS replied 8 years ago.
DearCustomer
Well that is good news - then yes, anxiety could cause this, but thyroid and anemia problems could also, and this should be evaluated by your regular doctor (not something that is checked in the emergency room). Please see your doctor about these things and please let me know if you have more questions.
DrS