Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

How much benadryl (diphenhydramine) and alcohol woul a 140

Customer Question
lb woman need to take...
how much benadryl (diphenhydramine) and alcohol woul a 140 lb woman need to take her life? Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
4/5/2009
Health Professional: Brad, Paramedic (EMT) replied 8 years ago
Brad
Brad, Paramedic (EMT)
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What is this all about)?

-

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
just what i asked - how much benadryl and alcohole would it take to allow a 140 lb woman to commite suicide?
It is not possible to do with over the counter dosages of benadryl. Is there something else that I can help you with? Is there anyone that you can call?
no - nobody can help. what about alcohol and tylenol/bensdryl/aspirin together?
Well the problem with tylenol/aspirin and acohol is that it is very prone to making you puke it all back up.
Health Professional: Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing replied 8 years ago
Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing

1-***-***-**** 1-***-***-**** Betty, Using any or all of the drugs you mention is more likely to cause liver damage or failure leaving you alive but very ill. No one on this site will provide the information you request because it would be unethical and irresponsible to do so. The fact is far more suicide attempts end in long term disability than death and even if you find someone claiming to know an effective dose they are lying or mistaken. We see people with levels of drugs in their blood 2-3 times levels considered lethal who live and people with moderate to high levels who do not. Whatever your reason for this suicidal gesture I hope and I will pray that you will stop and look for help and at very least you will not risk a fate worse than death. Please call the suicide hotline at

1-***-***-**** or 1-***-***-****

I hope it means something to you that you reached out and a total stranger cares whether you live or die. I don't expect to be paid since this is not a direct answer to your question and so I am taking this time for no other reason than to offer my support and express my concern.

Health Professional: Lindie-mod,
 replied 8 years ago
Lindie-mod
Thank you for your post on JustAnswer. Unfortunately, JustAnswer is not designed for medical or mental health emergencies. Instead, we encourage you to contact another resource that may be better equipped to assist you. Here is a list of some options, and we encourage you to give one or more of these a try.

SUICIDE HELP:
Suicide Awareness Websites:
www.hopeline.com
www.save.org

Suicide Prevention Hot Lines:
1-800-suicide
1-800-273-TALK / 1-***-***-****
TTY: 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)

United Way, dial 211

We have posted this as an Information Request so you will not have to place a deposit to view it. In addition, we have left your Question open in the event that an Expert on the site decides to further respond.

Best wishes,
Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond