Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  6 years of experience as family physician, general practitioner; MD Chest Diseases; Allergy, Asthma
14756658

I was admitted to hospital in november 08 with a high

Customer Question

Hi, i was admitted to hospital in november 08 with a high temperature and an unidentified infection. I was given intravenus fluids and antibiotics and sent home next day. However, i have been suffering from constant tiredness and headaches ever since. In the last month this has now escalated and i now suffer daily from tiredness, headaches, dizzyness, nausea, constant weakness, shakes, loss in appetite and have passed out several times in the last week. I have been to see my GP twice in the last couple of weeks for blood tests and so far they have diagnosed nothing, but ask me to come back the following week. Can you please give me an idea of what you think could be wrong with me? They have told me i am not anaemic.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 8 years ago.
There can be many possible reasons for the symptoms that you mention. Some of them may include:
1. anemia
2. nutritional disorders
3. hormonal imbalances
4. fluid and body salt deficiencies
5. low grade infections
6. digestive disorders

Anemia has already been ruled out in your case - but still worms in your intestines is a possibility - talk to your doctor about a course of de- worming medications.

Nutritional disorders include, vitamin and mineral deficeincies,and most of them can be taken care of with you a balanced diet and taking supplements if required.

Hormonal imbalances particularly thyroid ds - which would need to be investigated further and is treatable once diagnosed.

Fluid and salt disturbances would respond to taking at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water everyday and adequate salt and sugars in your daily diet.

Low grade infections of blood or intestines would present with mild weakness.

Avoid stress and take some over the counter pain relief medications - your symptoms should subside. Take a blood test for malaria too.

I have tried to give an extensive answer, however please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work . A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.