How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16284
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

28 year old woman, for years i have felt as though i might have ADD

Resolved Question:

i am a 28 year old woman, for years i have felt as though i might have ADD i find it difficult to pay attention to people for more then just a few minutes when they are talking, reading is hard unless ii am very interested in the subject i find that i procratinate until the last minute even on things that are important like my upcoming wedding in aug. i often end up feeling bad about myself like i am not living up to my full potential. i got depressed last year and a doctor put me on lexapro after 5 months i took myself off it it did not seem to help with the root of the problem who should i talk to about this
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.



Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. The specialist you need to see is a psychiatrist who can evaluate you for ADD/ADHD. There are a number of drugs for treatment if this is what you have. If it is some other problem, then the psychiatrist would be able to sort that out as well.


A. Schuyler, NP and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you