Salar
Salar, Doctor
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
11855647

I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy on April 3rd. I misread

I am scheduled to have a colonoscopy on April 3rd. I misread the prep instructions and thought I was supposed to be on the White diet for 2 days before the procedure. Early this morning, I ate a banana and Luna bar. I'm assuming that the diet is to prepare for the elimination of the contents on my colon on the evening before the procedure. As of yesterday I've already begun to have some increased bowel movements due to anxiety over having this procedure. I don't believe what I ate this morning will be staying in my system very long. Will this mistake adversely affect this procedure?
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
YOU SHOULD BE FINE , THE FOOD YOU ATE IS NOT ENOUGH TO CAUSE PROBLEM WITH TEST /PREP.