Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I was in the hospital for 4 days with IV Antibiotics to

I was in the hospital for 4 days with IV Antibiotics to clear a sinus infection to remove a part of my tooth that when getting pulled by the dentist it go lodged in my sinuses. The surgery was a success but the hospital prescribed an Antibiotic and the doctor did too. I took both for a week now and am having diahrea and nasua too. I went to my doctor who took me off the antibiotics at 10:30am CST today and I am still having problems keeping anything down. Should I go to the ER?

Greetings,

Have you got any prescription for diarrhea? Is there any vomiting or only nausea? How many times did you pass stool? Is there any blood in it?

Regards.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No prescription just over the counter. Vomiting and nausea. I only pass water after I try to drink or eat which has been at least 10 times today.
Is there any pain , fever?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
pain all over body, possible fever definite chills.
Thank you for the input.

The presence of watery diarrhea with a frequency of more than 10 times needs to be seen by doctor. Fever & aches suggests an infection. Treatment with antibiotic can cause diarrhea as a side effect or from alteration of flora of the gut. One infection called pseudomembranous colitis needs to be excluded. You can go to Urgent care or ER for an examination. Please read this resource

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000259.htm

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.