RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
15267337

I have been sick to my stomach for over a week on and off.

Customer Question

I have been sick to my stomach for over a week on and off. Made worse by eating. Some mild dizziness. No fever. No headache. My restless leg syndrom has increased. I've taken two pregnancy tests, both negative. I am so tired of feeling sick!
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 8 years ago.

Would like to know how old are you and when were your last periods?

Were your periods regular before this?

Have you seen your doctor yet?

Are you expecting a pregnancy now?

What medicines are you taking for restless leg syndrome?

Were the tests for pregnancy done by home pregnancy kit using a sample of urine?

Any other medical problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I am 36. We are not expecting a pregnancy as I am on depoprovera.

I have not had a period in 3 years due to the depo shot.

I have always been very regular. I have not seen a doctor yet.

I don't take anything for the RLS. It's never been very bad (except when I was pregnant.)

I used two home urine tests that we bought at Walmart.

I am otherwise healthy. Taking protonix for barret's esophegus and gerd

Thanks. When did you take the last injection of Depo Provera?

Would wait for your reply.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Around the 24th or 25th of February
Thanks.

Do you feel that you are under stress/ anxiety and if yes, then on a scale of one to ten, where would you be now?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't feel anxiety but I do live a life of relatively high stress. Maybe stress at a 7 or 8.

Thanks. From your description, you will require a check up by your doctor, first to confirm/rule out pregnancy by a blood test.

Then you may be suffering from dyspepsia and for that you will require treatment as many of your symptoms relate to that. Dyspepsia and restless leg syndrome do worsen with stress, and since your stress level seems to be quite high, it needs to be managed. You could try out things for distressing like picking up a hobby, changing your environment, relaxation exercises, meditation, etc.

Please seek expert help and help from family/ friends, if you are unable to manage your stress all by yourself, as stress could lead to other medical problems as well.

Best wishes.

Please have a look at this site for more info:

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27000863/

Since you had taken a shot of Depo Provera on 24/ 25 of last month, it is very unlikely that you may be having a pregnancy. However to rule it out or confirm it, a blood test would be required as home pregnancy test kits are not that reliable in the early period.

Best wishes.