Dr Heal
Dr Heal, Doctor
Experience:  Graduate with a Bachelor
11859556

I have a rash on my chin and slightly above my mouth and redness

I have a rash on my chin and slightly above my mouth and redness in the corner of my eyes. I think oral sex might have been the catalyst... Many thanks in advance!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

Have you ensured that your partner doesnt have any STD's? This problem is chronic since past 1 month? Is there any itching?

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No, we both had STD test as and nothing was found.

The area doesnt really itch but it is red slightly bumpy and flaky. The problem occured about 1 year ago and i have been on oxytetracycline ever since, it made a big difference in the first 2-3 weeks bringing the redness, itching and flakyness to an almosy unnoticeable level but no improvement from there in the following 5 months...

The first time the rash occured im sure was after oral sex with my partner, when i visited my doctor i was given a steriod cream called bentnovate which seemed to help but as soon as i stopped applying it the condition came back worse so it seems it was just masking the problem...

The Oxytetracycline was given to me fater the doctor thought it could be perioral dermititis.
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

It can not be perioral dermatitis if it developed after Oral sex for sure. Under any case continuing Betnovate would be ideal for the time being. I also advice that you start taking Neem capsules [see www.himalayausa.com] which is a blood purifier and also take Vitamin C tablets. Slowly start replacing Betnovate with a application of coconut oil mixed with Turmeric. It may leave a stain but will go off on washing. Use neem soaps. this is the best line of treatment for a chronic condition like this.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So you do not think it is perioral dermititus? It was always the redness and bumps in the corner of my eyes that linked the condition to this... I cannot go back on bentnovate after coming off this last time the area seemed to spread. My ex-partner sometimes suffered with thrush, I wondered if this had some sort of connection?
Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer

She had thrush of mouth / vagina? You know its a Yeast infection and if it were to have been in her Vaginal region then that must be the thing which has spread ... most probably. I dont think its perioral dermatitis which would have come down upon intake of the Oxytetracycline. If you dont feel like going back to the steroidal cream thats fine but follow what i advised you instead.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes it was vaginal. It might be a coincidence that the condition arose after oral sex...

I found the site via an article that sounded very similar to mine but no answer was visible, maybe for privacy... The link was http://www.justanswer.com/questions/kxvv-boyfriend-red-rash-not-chin-lil

Expert:  Dr Heal replied 8 years ago.

Dear XXXXX,

Extremely sorry as i could not come back to you early.

Unfortunately my collegue could not complete as the customer did not come back. As it was vaginal thrush and and not a oral one it eliminates one suspicion. I am doubtful now whether the oral sex could be the culprit. I suspect Eczema. I would honestly advice you to see a dermatologist who can run a smear test on the flakes from the rashes. Flakyness on one side indicate fungal infection. But still to get convinced its better to get a test done. the advices given by me are good for all types of infections. You can anyway start them.

with best regards,

Dr.Renjusha