How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Wu Your Own Question
Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1835
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Wu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

62 year old male, caucasion. Approx 30 days ago a skin rash

Customer Question

62 year old male, caucasion. Approx 30 days ago a skin rash appeared on the inside of my right ankle. Reddish in color, and has spread miminally to the outside of my right leg. The rash has a slight ich. I have treated it with Neosprin and Benadryl.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 8 years ago.


Thank you for submitting your question. The most common type of rash to appear around the ankle area is eczema( dermatitis). It is typically red and itchy. You can treat it with over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1%- apply to the area three times a day, followed by a moisturizer.

Another possibility is fungal rash, although this typically involves the toes and heels, and causes cracking and peeling of the skin.

I hope you find this answer helpful.