How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17828
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm having pain in my back on the right side around my ribs.

Resolved Question:

I'm having pain in my back on the right side around my ribs. I can lie on back to sleep, but if I slightly lay on either side of my body the pain is so bad, it brings tears. It hurts to touch it very hard. Coughing and sneezing kills me. I dont know that I did anything to crack a rib, but could that be it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

How long are you having this?

Do you have fever, cough?

Where it is tender to touch?

Did you have any test or treatment?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I believe this has been going on since Thursday so going on 3 days.

I have not had a fever, but have had a cough for a month that was associated with a sever cold and chest congestion.

It doesnt hurt to touch it anywhere directly on the front side of my body, but the lower right side of my rib cage and anywhere on the side.

No where on the left side of my body does it hurt, but even if I lay on that side, it hurts so bad, I feel like I can't breathe.

I'm a college student and bartender so very low on cash so haven't been to the doctor, was just hoping it was a pulled muscle or something, but starting to think I need to go.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

From your symptoms there appears to be a few possibilities.

It can be muscle pull from coughing.

The pain can be due to inflammation of pleura also.

Though you are having problem with cash, an examination by doctor is necessary.

It will help to distinguish it

You can have an examination at urgent care.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 5 other Health Specialists are ready to help you