Macy RN
Macy RN, RN CHPN
Experience:  RN of 19 years.Experienced in ER, Critical Care, Surgery, Nutrition, Peds,OB/Gyn and Hospice.
5260558

I have had strep throat in the past and my daughter is now

I have had strep throat in the past and my daughter is now recovering with antibiotics. My question is this should I get a screening even if I just think I have a cold or will I be wasting the doctors time? I have a lightly runny nose and slightly sore throat and yesterday I had a fever off and on all day. What is your opinion? thanks have a good day kim
Category: Health
Expert:  Macy RN replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I hate strep. All my kids have it now too. It sounds like you might have it also. Chances are that you do.

Just call your doctors office and tell them that your daughter has it and is antibiotics and you have the same symptoms.

Most likely they will go ahead and call you in an antibiotic.

They shouldn't make you come in and some doctors won't make you so hopefully your's won't.

Hope you all feel better soon.

They are some great lozengers by cepacol that numb your throat and that is helping my kids a lot.

Continue with motin and or tylenol too.

Best Wishes Kim,

Macy