4ren6
4ren6, Medical Forensics
Experience:  Forensics Medical Forensics
796442

Would the symptoms of AIDs or STDs still show up after 8-9

Would the symptoms of AIDs or STDs still show up after 8-9 years? My husband was unfaithful at that time, and I am worried that he contracted something. He was just diagnosed with cancer 8/2007 with a germ cell tumor. He is in remission. I know AIDs patients are more prone to develop skin or other cancers. In the 2 years he has been treated for cancer, would any of the doctors tested him for STD or AIDs. He spent 6 months in a hospital for complications from chemo/cancer.

With the treatment for Cancer a full screening of blood test would be done. Any signs of any STD or HIV would show even if not screened just for them. If anything showed abnormal in the blood then they would do more specific testing to detemine the exact reason for things such as high or low white blood cell counts. If the cancer was those specific to HIV then they would indeed have done a HIV test to rule it out as the cause. reply if needed.