Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

why do I smell like skunk ... condition started 2 years ago,

Customer Question
why do i smell like...
why do i smell like skunk... condition started 2 years ago, the odor comes random mostly... but it does at times comes about 1-2 weeks before menstral cycle, other times it comes in sleep. it leaves the air stale until an odor desolver is sprayed. i had lab work to check for catacholines... they were normal ... i had thyroid test it was normal... just before these episode occur i don't even know they are coming, others smell them in the air before i do... they when i notice, i get rapid heart rates for 1-2 min. each episode last for 1-2 min... but like i said the smell will linger in the air until it is physically removed...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
1/29/2009
Health Professional: RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor replied 8 years ago
RAJESH  CHAUHAN
  • Do you remember any health event that took place roughly 2 years ago with you?
  • Do you have any health problems?
  • Any stress?
  • Any discharge PV or PR?
  • Any partial UV prolapse?
  • Have you changed partners frequently?

health problems last 2 years... just remarried. never had a problem before that.

no health problem, had a physical for a recent surgery today all labs were normal except cholesterol that was just slightly elevated, 24 hour urine, catacholamine normal, tsh,normal menopausal cycle normal, thyroid normal.

stress nothing unusal I'm a nurse for over 15 years I know my job and I'm very calm when things occur... but it get a little stressful at times but rarely.

no discharge what so ever vaginally. uterus is patent. i do have fibroids and unable to get pregnant.

I wish i could change partners once in awhile but my husbands is totally against it...he is 6'2 and let just say he would hurt the guy, just kidding. ... no, sadly I am totally true to my husband. I rarely had any sexual partners, just 3 in all my years. first husband married 23 years then another partner for 7 years, and now my husband of 3 years.

I do notice the chances of these events occuring are within my menstral cycle about a week before and a weeks later. my doctors have put me on hormals everything from birth control to post menopausal hormones. noting worked... they tell me it all in my head... my co workers can agree that it just random.

I just read something that says i should have my doctor run a test to detect

Trimethylaminuria

and the h.p for stomach. if those fail I should avoid meat, chicken, fish and dairy produce.?

Trimethylaminuria

It could be simple bacterial vagonisis for you, which is a treatable condition. Other than that I am really unable to figure out and would want other experts to help you.
That is 100% wrong, on multi, levels, rethink doctor... you must have it in you, I didn't expect a right answer, but I expected better than that. I said I had fibroids, confirmed by ultra sound last year, a vaginal infection would have show up on pap's vaginal exams and swab's. it is not related to the vaginal vault unless fibroids can control something as strong as thalamus r/t pit, that would travel the pathways of hormonal release, and the cyclic period, which would trigger rhythum changes and that would explain my sudden burst of tachycardia with increase heat flashes, finally ending in increase anxiety and release of sweat and ............smell

In my previous post to you I had confessed my inability to figure out your problem and that I would have loved that some other expert would have helped you out owing to my inability. I thought I had clicked on the ‘opted out’ button, but here I yet see my ignorance of not verifying if my opting out has

Yaah, indeed that was really tough one for me to figure out the way you have resolved this issue of how this smell gets generated, with the fibroids initiating a strong stimulus to the thalamus, etc, etc, and finally because of increased anxiety and sweat you are getting that smell, which you say is like skunk. I will have to read up more about it in details.

However for now, I think you must get an advice on the preventive as well as management aspect of this smell. Hence in the best interest of your health I am opting out for other experts to be able to help you.

Best wishes.

Don't worry doc,.... no sweat.... you are in good company, my doc's at home are unable to help me as well. It would seem all the great thinkers of our times have past. We as a whole community are left to our resources and reduced to our own intelligents, my fustration is... it is difficult to have to one that just won't listen and will not even TRY, yet my hmo continues to pay the jack ass,( not intented to insult you). So there you have it... you are off the hook.
Thanks for letting me off the hook.

Best wishes.
RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH  CHAUHAN
RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor