Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was in a stressful situation about two weeks ago and

Customer Question
started to cry before I...
I was in a stressful situation about two weeks ago and started to cry before I know it I was shaking uncontrolaby and stuttering really bad can you please tell me what you think this is
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Health
1/27/2009
Health Professional: Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing replied 9 years ago
Christy Hammond
Christy Hammond, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
HiCustomer welcome to JA. Panic attacks produce a wide range of entirely physical symptoms such as sweating, heart palpitations, pain tunnel vision, tremors, chills tightening of the throat, and difficulty speaking, breathing or swallowing. Panic attack are usually out of proportion to the trigger. A stressful situation which would normally cause just irritation or anxiety can trigger the sympathetic nervous system. Once the SNS has taken over you have no conscious control over things like muscle tremors, shaking and often a feeling of impending doom. If you suffer regular panic attack there may be an underlying disorder predisposing you to this reaction. However, if this was your first and it resolved and does not return this may have been a singular incident. If you have another attack or other symptoms that persist you should see your doctor.
Christy Hammond