How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RAJESH CHAUHAN Your Own Question
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 1461
Experience:  + 26 yr experience; amongst 'Top 100 Scientists', 'Top 100 Health Professionals', & Who's W
Type Your Health Question Here...
RAJESH CHAUHAN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small hard lump on my temple. Is It anything to be

Resolved Question:

I have a small hard lump on my temple. Is It anything to be concerned about?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 8 years ago.


It has to have specific indications in order to be used. In order to be able to help you better, can you please fill me up with the following information please:

  • How long has it been there
  • How big is it, a lemon size, pea etc.
  • Is it painful and does it cause any problem
  • Is it evenly raised
  • Any other illness
  • Any treatment taken

I’ll wait for your reply.

Doctor Chauhan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is the size of a pea
It has been there about a month
only painful when i push on it
it goes to a peak like a large pimple
no other illness & no treatment taken
Expert:  RAJESH CHAUHAN replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the additional information that I had sought.

  • To me it appears that it could be a small sebaceous cyst building up since it is just a month old as it matches all the characters that you have provided.

  • Had it been a long standing thing, then it could have been a dermoid.

  • I am so happy that you have no other problem and this problem is rather very simple.

  • This problem does not require any medicines or antibiotics, unless it becomes painful or inflammed, which is not the case here.

  • Whenever you are willing, you may consult your doctor and after performing some routine urine and blood tests, this may be excised.

I hope I have been able to provide you the informtion that you needed, and some more.

Best wishes.

Please consider this communication open until you feel satisfied. Always ask if you need clarification/more information. It would be very thoughtful of you if you could click on ACCEPT button to get my credit if you are satisfied. Please note that answer is for information only and it can't be a substitute for a personal visit by a patient to a doctor.

RAJESH CHAUHAN and other Health Specialists are ready to help you