How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry Your Own Question
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
Type Your Health Question Here...
Terry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For over a year ago now I suffered from a blocked nose so

Resolved Question:

hi..For over a year ago now I suffered from a blocked nose so was using Olibis Oil to help ease my breathing..But instead of putting a few drops on a tissue and in-haling that way silly me was just in-haling straight from the bottle..This caused a rather large scab to appear..Silly me was paranoid that this was visable for everyone to see so I kept picking at it..Now a year later the scab picking has now left a big hole in between my two nostrils and so they no longer are seperated..The hole is getting bigger and I'm so paranoid as I feel everyone can see it..Its made me loose all my convidence..I really need to go and see my GP but I'm too scarred to do so..Please help me with any advise..Thankyou..Really hope to hear from you soon..Thankyou..x..
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Hello cinderella,

Being that you have this problem in your nose, there isn't much more to be scared of. It needs to be examined and treated, since it seems to have progressed already. You can visit your GP first if you'd like, but I do recommend making an appointment with an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) specialist who would be most likely to help you, before you develop any infection or further nasal problems. Your general practitioner can probably give you a recommendation for an ENT doctor in your area. In the meantime, please do not pick at it anymore, as you can create a bad infection. The doctor may culture the area for bacteria and you might benefit from an antibiotic.



Terry and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi.. Its Cinderella here agin..Thankyou for your answer..I found it very helpfull but before I except it please do you know if there is an operation available to fix my problem and do you think I will need it..x..
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Hello again!

To determine the procedure or surgery that is right for you, to correct your problem, you would definitely need medical examination and evaluation first. The ENT doctor will refer you to a surgeon if he finds it necessary.

Good luck and Be Well!


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Terry..I'm sooooo nervous..Iknow Ineed to go to see my GP..Dont know when I'l build up enough courage to go though..But yet again thankyou..Cinderella..x..
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.


You are very welcome. You will feel better after visiting the doctor because you'll learn about treatments available to you, and know there is hope for improvement. That is a positive thing. If you'd like, you can come back to this site after your doctor visit and we can discuss this further

Take Care,


Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks Terry..x..I'll devo contact you again and let you know what my GP suggests..Cant promise when that shall be..When I gather enough Dutch Courage..Thanks again Terry..Your advice has made me realise that I should go seek help..My problem aint gonna go away till I do go is it..Silly me..Stupid me..

Thanks Darling..Cinderella..x..