How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Hanish Babu, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Hanish Babu, MD
Dr. Hanish Babu, MD, Dermatologist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 544
Experience:  MBBS; MD (Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Hanish Babu, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has a rash originally diagnosed as a staff infection

Customer Question

my wife has a rash originally diagnosed as a staff infection treated with steroid cream for itch and 3 antibiotics. Now she still has the rash and large blisters under her skin when they burst the liquid from the blister can cause this to spread if it comes in contact with other areas of the body. what type of dermatologist should she see to get this cured.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hanish Babu, MD replied 8 years ago.


Welcome to Justanswer. Your wife has an abscess or even a carbuncle from the description of the disease. This requires active treatment with prescription antibiotics, preferably those with activity against MRSA infection.

The non healing of the abscess may be due to many reasons:

  1. Application of topical steroid: Should be avoided always in the presence of active infection.
  2. Resistance to the antibiotics.
  3. Her immune status may be low, either due to food habits, stress, medications or diseases like diabetes.

All dermatologists and physicians have experience in treating such infections.

Read more about How to Manage Recurrent Boils: Treatment of Furunculosis.

Hope this helps.

If you need further clarification, please ask. __________________________________

My answer is for your personal information only. It should not be used as a substitute to visiting your doctor. No treatment should be tried without first consulting a doctor.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The liquid in the blisters is clear and I have had carbunkles before and that is not what she has. Her skin at first had small tiny blisters over it they popped and kept draining excessively it was only on her right hand at first now it has spread to both hands and any other place on her body that she has scratched when the liquid from the draining was evident. She has a appointment with a dermatoligist tommorrow. She isnt diabetic but she does have osteo arthritus and was recently treated for a pulmonary embelism my spelling on some of the medical terms may not be up to par but I am sure you understand what I am talking about.
Expert:  Dr. Hanish Babu, MD replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the detailed description. As these are blisters with fluid, then it could be Bullous impetigo, also of staphylococcal in origin. Anyway, as she is seeing the dermatologist tomorrow, we will know for sure.

All the best!