Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

IAM HAVING ABDOMINAL PAIN AND HICCUPS ITS NOT STRONG NOR

iAM HAVING ABDOMINAL PAIN AND HICCUPS ITS NOT STRONG NOR CONSTANT, ALTHOUGH IT CAN BECOME PAINFUL AT TIMES IT APPARENTLY STARTED FROM BLOWING MY NOSE I HAVE CHRONIC RHINITIS. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT MUSCLE PULL BUT THE HICCUPS? ARE THEY A SYMPTOM?
hello,

Greetings,

Since how long? Is there any stomach pain or burning?

Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi

Well I have GERD , which is basically well controlled by a combination of an adjustable bed and Prilosec OTC but this pain is newer and does not seem to be related to Gerd
Since how it is happening? Exact location of pain? Any tenderness on pressure?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ThHi

like I said this pain started when I blew my nose hard ( I have rhinitis) It is in the left upper abdomen like at the botton of the rib cage, Now I also get it some times when I am sitting down and move aound oer stand up
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi

like I said this pain started when I blew my nose hard ( I have rhinitis) It is in the left upper abdomen like at the botton of the rib cage, Now I also get it some times when I am sitting down and move around or stand up I have no pain on pressure
Thank you for all the input,

The cause of hiccup can come from various causes. It can be from reflex stimulation of phrenic or vagus nerve from irritation of ear, GERD, irritation in the throat, smoking , alcohol, spicy food, large meals etc. It can also come from anxiety , tension or stress. The other causes are more serious like kidney failure, low carbondioxide concentration, tumors of the neck or brain etc.,Your history suggests that there can be any inflammation of the ear from chronic rhinitis or when you sneezed there can be any irritation of the ear. But continuation of it may be due to GERD. The pain sounds like muscle pull. During sudden bout of hiccups there can be a muscle pull at the lower rib cage. You need to see doctor if the hiccup & pain persists.For home treatment please read this resource.

http://www.answers.com/topic/hiccups-treatment

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.