Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

For the last three days I have had stomach pain with gas,

For the last three days I have had stomach pain with gas, some vomiting, watery stool and a very full feeling in my stomach. My stomach appears to be swollen and hard. Any food taken (crackers and chicken broth)causes hick-ups leading to vomiting. I am very full with even a small amount of liquid (water, Gingerale).The vomit has changed from a very dark geen mostly liquid to a light limeade color all liquid. I have some formed stool dark green in color and watery stool. The pain and other symptoms come and go.

Thank you for your question.

You most likely have a viral gastroenteritis, which is a viral infection of the stomach and intestines. This may cause nausea, vomiting, and an upset stomach. It may also cause lower abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Viral infections of the G.I. tract will usually resolve within 48-72 hours, however some infections may last up to one week. It is most important during this illness that you maintain hydration. You must drink plenty of fluids. Clear fluids such as clear juices, the syrup juice from canned fruit, or electrolyte drinks (ie. Gatorade) are best. Also Jello and broth may be taken. If you are hungry then you may eat toast, plain rice, or crackers. To treat the nausea and vomiting or upset stomach you may take over the counter Compazine. For diarrhea you may take over-the-counter Imodium. If your symptoms persist for longer then a week or if you develop high fevers or have bloody diarrhea you must see your doctor immediately. While you are sick try to maintain good hygiene with careful handwashing and not sharing your personal items with others as this is how this infection is spread. I hope you feel better.

Click "ACCEPT" (GREEN) or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a POSITIVE feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
THANK YOU MUCH!!!

Thank you for your question.