Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I HAVE ACHING SIDES MAINLY MY RIGHT SIDE,THIS ALWAYS STARTS

Customer Question

I HAVE ACHING SIDES MAINLY MY RIGHT SIDE,THIS ALWAYS STARTS WHEN I GO TO BED, AFTER BEING IN BED FOR A WHILE I START TO CHE, IT WILL EASE AND EVENTUALLY GO AWAY IF I SIT UP OR GET UP AND WALK ABOUT, BUT WHEN I LAY DOWN AGAIN IT COMES BACK, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET TO SLEEP, I WAKE UP VERY EARLY ALL THE TIME,ALSO THE WHITE OF MY EYES IS A DULL YELLOW COLOUR, MY TOILET MOTIONS HAVE CHANGED, LAST WEEK I HAD SEVERE PAIN IN MY RIGHT SIDE HIGHER UP THAN USUAL,IT WAS UNDER MY RIBCAGE,I THOUGHT I HAD A BROKEN RIB, THEN AFTER A FEW DAYS IT WENT AWAY. I AM WORRIED ABOUT THIS,CAN YOU HELP ME AT ALL, THANK YOU.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 8 years ago.
The commonest causes of abdominal pain are:

Intestinal causes: Intestinal causes like stomach viruses, ameobiasis, more chronic causes like adhesions, intussusception, diverticulosis, crohn's disease, etc.

Organic causes: the pain can be related to inflammation in a particular organ, like the liver, gall bladder, pancrease, appendix, etc.

Genitourinary causes: there are a large number of causes here too, like like renal pain due to stones, glomerulonephritis, ureteric stone, bladder infections, etc.

As such, a lower abdominal pain could be caused by a very large number of causes. A generalized pain as in your case is usually due to intestinal causes like crohn's disease, etc.
You should consult a doctor for this, you should consult your family physician or PCP. You will need to be examined clinically and if necessary undergo investigations like an ultrasound examination of the lower abdomen to find out the exact cause form the large number of possibilities.

You can look up here:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/abdominal-pain/DG00013

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green ‘accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.