How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Doc Suske Your Own Question
Doc Suske
Doc Suske, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 99
Experience:  Over 33 years experience in primary care, geriatrics & sportsmedicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Doc Suske is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

two days ago with severe pain in her right shoulder..muscle

Resolved Question:

My 72 year old wife, in good helath, woke up two days ago with severe pain in her right shoulder. It doesn't seem to be a pulled muscle. I want to take her to emergency but she refuses to go. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Doc Suske replied 8 years ago.
Pain of sudden onset, which does not subside- should be checked.

Heart pain is usually to the Left shoulder, but can occur in the right

Gallbladder pain, can go to the right shoulder
check to see if her upper right belly is tender to pressure.

Shoulder pain can also occur by sleeping on it, or flared up arthritis, which may have already been present.

The (mild possibilty) of heart problem requires immediate evaluation, as this can be most serious, potentiually fatal.

Right now- give 4 baby aspirin (or crush 1 adult aspirin & mix with syrup or applesauce)

Tylenol is OK for pain

Naproxyn can be considered in addition to Tylenol- but

an EXAMM IS WHAT'S NEEDED ASAP! Try to convince her.

thanks, & good luck


Happy New Year
Thank you for allowing me to be of assistance.

Kindly press 'ACCEPT' so that I may be paid for my time and advice. This does NOT cost you extra!

Bonus & Follow-up questions for clarification or added information, are always welcomed.
Positive feedback is appreciated.

You should always consult with your medical care provider, for proper diagnosis and treatment & follow-up.

The information provided is for educational purposes only.

Doc Suske and other Health Specialists are ready to help you