How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35437
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

S look like dark clay, pain under breastbone and center

Resolved Question:

BM's look like dark green clay , pain under breastbone and center back , stomach tender and puffy -- could this be my gallbladder?????
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.


Since how long are your symptoms? Do you have any itching on body? Do you have bloating, nausea, loss of appetite? How severe is you pain on scale of 0-10? Do you take alcohol regularly?

Are you on any medications?

Any past significant medical or surgical illness?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
lt;p>slight bloating & lack of appetite</p><p> </p><p>meds -- minute amt of synthroid</p><p> </p><p>no medical or surgical illness</p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
have had an increase in acid reflux take 2 OTC prilosec in the PM
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 years ago.


Your conglomerate of clinical manifestations warrant a physical evaluation by a doctor, as soon as possible. Following conditions need to be considered;

1) Peptic ulcer disease

2) Gall bladder disease like stones in gall bladder

3) Pancreatitis

4) Diverticulitis


An ultrasound is the initial modality which would give some definite clues for the diagnosis and further guidelines for the management.

As you have taken Prilosec, you can take some antacid also like Tums or Maalox. Meanwhile seek an appointment with your physician.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun

Dr. Arun Phophalia and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you