How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17813
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

stye on the lower lid of my right eye

Resolved Question:

I have a stye on the lower lid of my right eye. What to do?Any medicine to take or just warm compresses? Haven't had one in years. Just came back from three weeks in India. . .
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.



The stye is due to the blockage of gland of the eye lid.


When it becomes hard you need to give warm compression for 10-15 minutes.


Application of warmth soften the area and rupture the blocked gland.


If it does not help it may need drainage by a small incision.


You have to contact doctor for further management.


I hope this information will be helpful.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr. Saha and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you