Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I' m being treated for what I think is strep throat, I

I' m being treated for what I think is strep throat, I started taking Azithromycin 250mg just yesterday, I am concerned however I may have menigitis because I have most of the symptoms including tingling at the base of my neck. If it just strep throat that is fine, but I have been around younger children and would not want any of them to get it. Please advise me as to what I should do. Thank you Gloria
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.

Greetings,

What other symptoms do you have? Is there any fever ?Rigidity of neck?

Regards
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello My neck is only a little stiff at times and I have been running a low grade fever. Mostly the fever is at night I wake up sweating especially aroung my head. My throat and ears hurt badly, also have a cough, I have been shaky and exhausted for a week or so. Hope this helps,
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello My neck is only a little stiff at times and I have been running a low grade fever. Mostly the fever is at night I wake up sweating especially aroung my head. My throat and ears hurt badly, also have a cough, I have been shaky and exhausted for a week or so. Hope this helps, And I have had the worst headache
Expert:  Family Physician replied 8 years ago.
Without examining you, it is impossible to diagnose or exclude meningitis or another serious medical condition.

While your symptoms might be related to the Strep infection - I would suggest getting checked in the ER today!
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years