Dr.Rhema
Dr.Rhema, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified in Family Practice and Geriatrics, worked in ER & urgent care
13958972

metal or aggregate in his eye in the iris. It is visible

Is an ER usually equipped to handle foreign objects in the eye? My husband has a small piece of metal or aggregate in his eye in the iris.   It is visible. The nurse practioner he saw today didn't seem concerned and just made him an appointment for Friday with the eye doctor. I hate to go to the ER and have them do the same. His eye really looks bad and hurts.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Rhema replied 8 years ago.
Hello,Customer- Yes, most ERs will have a slit lamp with which to examine eyes. You really need a slit lamp to see the eye well enough to remove a foreign object. So I would suggest that you and your husband go and spend your New Year's Eve in the ER so that a doctor can remove that thing from his eye. He's going to be miserable until it's out. Good luck.