drkevinmd
drkevinmd, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Family Practice Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine
10353487

my kidney stone has lodged in my penis, my physician last saw

my kidney stone has lodged in my penis, my physician last saw it higher up in my urinary tract. how should this stone be removed?
Category: Health
Expert:  drkevinmd replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Ideally you would pass the stone by simple urination but I am assuming you have had pain in the penis for several hours that is not moving. This could mean you have a stone lodged in the urethra that may require extraction by a Urologist using a cystoscope which is a device that would be inserted in the tip of your penis and is usually very effective. Occasionally patients feel as if a stone is lodged in the urethra when, in fact, the stone has passed and left a tear in one part of the urethra. A urologist can help you determine this especially if the pain has lasted more than a few hours in one area.