How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask drkevinmd Your Own Question
drkevinmd, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 238
Experience:  Board Certified Family Practice Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
drkevinmd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my kidney stone has lodged in my penis, my physician last saw

Resolved Question:

my kidney stone has lodged in my penis, my physician last saw it higher up in my urinary tract. how should this stone be removed?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  drkevinmd replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Ideally you would pass the stone by simple urination but I am assuming you have had pain in the penis for several hours that is not moving. This could mean you have a stone lodged in the urethra that may require extraction by a Urologist using a cystoscope which is a device that would be inserted in the tip of your penis and is usually very effective. Occasionally patients feel as if a stone is lodged in the urethra when, in fact, the stone has passed and left a tear in one part of the urethra. A urologist can help you determine this especially if the pain has lasted more than a few hours in one area.
drkevinmd and other Health Specialists are ready to help you