How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JoshMD Your Own Question
JoshMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 298
Experience:  Family Physician
Type Your Health Question Here...
JoshMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the medical term for a nasal "bugger"?

Customer Question

What is the medical term for a nasal "bugger"?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  JoshMD replied 8 years ago.
Hello, there is no "official" medical term for "boogers." Most physicians refer to them as "dried nasal mucus."
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OK, but I've heard that one numerous times. There must be a true term? Any other sources?
Expert:  JoshMD replied 8 years ago.
You'd think wouldn't you. But after a google search, a search, a search, mdconsult, and, i came up empty handed.


Please don't accept since I wasn't very helpful.