Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

PAXIL FOR 2 YEARS. THE DR WANT ME TO TAKE A BETA BLOCKER, I

I AM ON PAXIL FOR 2 YEARS . THE DR WANT ME TO TAKE A BETA BLOCKER, I ALSO HAVE THE HEAD TITUBATION. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF GETTING IT BETTER, IF EVER
Submitted: 8 years ago via Patientsville.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 8 years ago.

Besides head titubation, what are your other symptoms or concerns?

Why does your doctor wants you to take beta blockers?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

HI

I AM DOING A VERY STRESFULL WORK, SO WHEN I GET WORKED UP I SHAKE LIKE A RATTLE, IT IS VERY ANOYING .WHEN I PICK UP SOMETHING MY HAND/ARM ALSO SHAKE, THE DOCKTOR GAVE ME SERZOL IN THE PLACE OF PAXIL, AND IT DIDNT CHANGE , I DONT KNOW WHY HE IS PRESCRIBING BETA BLOCKERS, AL I KNOW IS THAT THIS IS TAKING MY LIVE OVER, THANKS

Expert:  Dr. Singh replied 8 years ago.
I understand your concern, but I would like to assure you that beta blockers are not likely to make you sedated or make your health worse. Beta blockers are different class of drugs as compared to Paxil or Serzone, and do not have any significant sedative or psychological side effects. They are prescribed for treatment of tremors, and so should benefit you.

Dr Singh