How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr PG M.D. Your Own Question
Dr PG M.D.
Dr PG M.D., Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2337
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MS
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr PG M.D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 27 and I've had shingles twice in the past 2 months.

Resolved Question:

I am 27 and I've had shingles twice in the past 2 months. Tonight I just discovered a more serious case of it on my back right ribs. Why does this keep happening and what can I do? I'm otherwise healthy
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 8 years ago.
   Shigles or herpes is a viral infection whic lies dormant in the body. The infection reoccurs or re-surfaces from time to time. The treatment for frequent reoccurances of shingles is to give long term oral anti-viral medicines. If valtrex (valcyclovir) is not helping you, then you need to be shifted on higher medicines like famcyclovir and to be taken for long time at least 6 weeks to prevent reoccurances.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Should I see a specialist or an internist or just a family doctor?
Expert:  Dr PG M.D. replied 8 years ago.
You should consult your family physician or a dermatologist.
Dr PG M.D. and other Health Specialists are ready to help you