Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Approx 7 days ago I developed pain in the anus area - prior

Approx 7 days ago I developed pain in the anus area - prior to that it seemed very "itchy" - no drainage, no blood. Aprox 3 days ago I awoke after a bowel movement to burning pain in this same area - the pain was severe enough for me to go to Rite Aid to obtain Preparation H - I applied internally and externally - with my index finde I have determined the "rawness and pain" stems from the area where the anus closes and opens. My bowel movements are soft - not runny - and I have noticed in the past (1+ yrs) when eating spicy foods the anal discomfort increases - so I avoid these foods. I am 48 yrs old female, I smoke, drink wine, limited exercise, family with 1 17 yr old female. Complete hysterectomy 16 yrs ago, take Estratest and Lexapro daily.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

The symptoms can be from anal fissure.

Preparation H can help.

Taking adequate fibres, vegetables, fruits etc. will be helpful.

If the symptoms persist you should consult doctor for examination and appropriate management.

I hope this information will help.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.