How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Salar Your Own Question
Salar, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9049
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
Type Your Health Question Here...
Salar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 30 yo female and i have been having sharp pains in my

Customer Question

i am a 30 yo female and i have been having sharp pains in my chest ever since i can remember. the1st time i reall noticed them was when i was in high school. but now they have gotten progressively worse. wen i do get them it's only for about a second but the pain is so severe that it takes my breath feels as if iam being stabbed. i was born with hole in my heart.i was told it had healed on its own. i want to know if this is something serious, would my previous hole have to do anything with this and what should i do about it. i had talked with a friend about it and he was a cardiologist and said i needed to get it looked into. but my problem is i dont know how to go about talking about this to a dr in my area or how to get into seeing a cardiologist with out having to be referred?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
well if you have these ongoing chest pains then you definitely need to see a doctor which can be your primary care doctor or either a cardiologist himself depending on whether your insurance requires referral or not. you just have to go and describe the symptoms as you did here. work up will start with EKG and echocardiogram ..