Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have a sharp pain in my chest. It is between my breasts.

I have a sharp pain in my chest. It is between my breasts. Kinda feels like a pulled muscle, but have been taking Tylenol for 2 weeks, and no relief. Am really tired of this pain and have NO health insurance.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 years ago.
Can you tell me the mature of the pain, is it burning? Any relation with meal? nausea/vomiting? How often you get this pain? Anything that makes it better? How old are you? Is it the first time that you are having pain? Do you feel pain by pressing with your hand?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The pain is sharp, directly between my breasts. Putting pressure on the area does not relieve the pain. Have had this pain pretty constant for the last 2 weeks. Can't find anything to relieve it. This is the first time I have had a pain like this.

I do have a grandbaby that weighs 18 lbs now. I carry him around a lot. Not sure if this would have anything to do with this or not..it is the only thing different I can think of.

I have also gained about 10 pounds in the last 2 months, would this affect anything like this??

Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 8 years ago.
Although, it seems like musculoskeletal pain but 2 weeks is a reasonable time for recover as you are already on meds. Sometimes you might experience similar pain due to upper abdomen causes, as per our conversation I don't see any alarming symptoms. I think you can either try antacid and see if there is any improvements, if not then certainly visiting your doctor would be an appropriate option to find the cause of the pain.