Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

I have had this problem for over a while say, 5 years. I get

I have had this problem for over a while say, 5 years. I get the shakes and I feel as though i am going to faint so I quickly eat sweet things such as biscuits or chocolate then afterwards I feel fine. I also get a lot of dizzy spells and I feel I am going to drop on the floor and faint, I have not done anything about in the last five years but if im operating machinery or holding my baby and i drop him i dont know what im going to do, even after i have had a hearty meal then i go out, i start to feel dizzy and shaky at the same time i come to eat something sweet then im fine, could i be diabetic? my doctor is useless
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

This can be a serious matter that must be investigated by a doctor. You said, "my doctor is useless". If you are saying that you have discussed this with your doc, and don't feel that he has been effective in helping you, then you must see another doctor. You need to have a fasting blood sugar test done to rule out, or determine if you are diabetic and if your body is handling suger properly. Is there a family history of diabetes? Are you overweight? Did you have any problems during pregnancy?

In the meantime, please know that if you eat sweets or a big hearty meal, your blood sugar may soar up and then drop a short while later, making you feel dizzy. Sugary foods is not the answer to your problem and you must ask the doctor to do a "fasting" blood glucose test

Stay Well!

Sincerely,

Terry