How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Terry Your Own Question
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 693
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
Type Your Health Question Here...
Terry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I do to help my snoring problems, my boyfriend told

Resolved Question:

what can I do to help my snoring problems, my boyfriend told me he's concern it may need medical attention.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Hello dimples!

Since you and your family express concern about your snoring, it is advised that you discuss it with your primary physician and furthermore with an ear-nose-throat specialist, ENT physician. An ENT doctor can do appropriate examination and testing to determine if your nasal passages or soft palate in the back of your throat are causing the problem and if treatment is necessary to attempt to lessen the snoring. Some people begin snoring as they get older because of certain environmental factors that they've been exposed to. The doctor will take a full history from you to determine if this is the case. In the meantime, you can try to change your sleeping position as that sometimes helps a little, although it is not a cure. Try lying on your side with your head on a medium pillow, not to high. It is good that you have the recording of your snoring, as this might give the doc a little more insight. Good luck to you!

Stay Well!


Terry and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you