Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I think i might be retarded and don't know what to do!!! i…

Customer Question
I think i might be...
I think i might be retarded and don't know what to do!!! i need help! Please respond to***@******.***
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2008
Health Professional: Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN) replied 9 years ago
Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)

HelloCustomer

We cannot respond to email addresses, by the time your post gets to an expert, your email adress is not visible. So if you would like to ask a question, you will have to send it through a post.

Susan

Should i make a new one?
is this working? i want to dispute this charge!!!

Do you have a question for the health experts? If so reply with it.

No question came through, unless you are actually asking whether or not you are "retarded".

If so, there is testing that can show where your intellectual capabilities are.

But if you are able to go to school, write into here and use the computer it is unlikely that you have a severe problem.

But feel free to explain your question and I'll be happy to give you a better answer.

This is a serious question i think i am only able to do this when i smoke cannabis.
Is there anything you can do i don't think intelligence tests will help in this matter.
Are you not taking this in a serious matter? Because if not then this is a scam.
Can i have a new doctor?

I was away from the computer when you finally answred

I am back now and will be here for several hours.

Would you like to go into more details. Are you saying you feel retarded when you smoke cannabis?, If you go into more details I will help you but I still really haven't gotten a clear question from you. Are you unable to quit the cannabis on your own?

no not at all. i am saying that without being under the influence of cannabis i feel symptoms of retardation i do not feel normal, i feel clouded, i can not explain myself to others, i find myself stuttering, and once i consume cannabis i can think clearly, feel normal, and have no problem explaining myself. is there anything i can do anywhere i can go to anything you can do for me?

Thank you for the details.

Yours is not an unusual complaint. Cannabis stays in the system for a much longer period than many drugs and it causes side effects of poor memory and forgetfulness, depression, fatigue, poor motivation. The initial effects when smoking it are euphoria, strength, relief of pain, relief of nausea, etc. and you may feel more articulate. But as the initial effects wear off, these side effects are left. Long term daily marijuana use is associated with lack of ambition, depression and legal problems.

It would be recommended to stop the marijuana and wait at least a month or two before the effects will be lifted. It is known now that there is a slow type of withdrawal, so it would be expected that you would have cravings for the marijuana and may have difficulty staying clean during this time.

A group such as Narcotics anonymous or marijuana anonymous would be very helpful in providing you support during this time. You can find lists of meetings in your area by looking them up online. See: http://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/ or http://www.na.org/

Or another route would be to see an Addictionologist which is a Psychiatrist with a specialty in addiction. These individuals are most understanding and able to treat your problem. They would also be able to provide you with cognitive testing after the marijuana was out of your system to see if there is any problem underlying the marijuana use and can prescribe you medication if needed.

I hope this helps.

If you have questions or comments please reply so that I can address them.

Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)