Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I URINATE 5 TIMES AN HOUR. iS THIS NORMAL?

i URINATE 5 TIMES AN HOUR. iS THIS NORMAL?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Optional Information:
Age: 35; Female, New York
Already Tried:
I have tried nothing. But I go all of the time and feel like I am never done. At work I go at least 5 times an hour.

Greetings.

Since when is this happening? Is it increased frequency only or there is increased amount of urine also? Are you diabetic? Do you take alcohol? Have you delivered vaginally? If yes, how may times?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This has been happening for a few months. I am not diabetic and barely ever drink. I also have never had any children. I have had a habit for as long as I could remeber when I urinated normally. I had a bad habit of holding it for long periods of time because I was top busy or on the road to get to a rest room. Now I can't hold it anymore. I mean it's not to a point where I will go in my pants, but I get bad cramps.

Greetings.

Your symptoms can be due to cystocele or urethrocele. This is because of the pelvic floor weakness. Read about the cystocele symptoms and other details;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cystocele/DS00665/DSECTION=symptoms

Kegel exercise can benefit you. The diagnosis can be established by a physical examination. Read about Kegel exercise;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel-exercises/WO00119

Other cause to look for are; urethral syndrome and interstitial cystitis. Diabetes too should be ruled out by glucose tolerance test and glycosylated estimation. Cystitis (bladder infection) also can give the same symptoms. To establish the diagnosis, a cystoscopy, urine culture, urodynamic studies may be needed.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun