Internist
Internist, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified in 2 Specialties, VERIFIED,American, trained and located in United States
13024878

I have a serious and it's been bugging me: I'd due for a 10

I have a serious and it's been bugging me: I'd due for a 10 year colonoscopy in 10 days. My GI guy has ordered propopfol and I'm allergic to versed. It's not secret versed deserves the bad press it's been getting. My doc has no problem with me writing across the consent form - NO VERSED - I VOMIT! - no premedication! I'm not being smart, but what on earth will the nurses do in endoscopy when they can't shove versed in you in the holding area? As a volunteer in this hospital, endoscopy nurses here work from rote. Do I smile, pretend, I'm stupid, what? I really dont' know how to play this. Thank you very much
Category: Health
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
I see you're still concerned about this. I really think nurses have to be given more credit. If a medicine makes you sick they should have no problem not giving it to you especially if your doctor agrees. Maybe you can request that a nurse to answer this post. There are some very good ones on this site.

This communication will remain open until your question has been answered. I have over 20 years experience in patient care dealing with similar issues as this. If I have answered your question, please click "ACCEPT" so I may get credit for my work. POSITIVE FEEDBACK/BONUS is always appreciated. If you ARE NOT satisfied, please ask for more information or explanation. This response does not substitute for a visit to your doctor. Thanks for your inquiry. If you have future questions, you may request that I answer them.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you - could a nurse answer my question?
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
Customer

Search the expert profiles, pick a nurse and request that she answers your question.