How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20943
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been diagnosed with severe constipation have taken 1

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with severe constipation have taken 1 ltr of colonlytely prescribed by my doctor. This didn't work so took 2 more sachets one at night one in the morning. Still nothing. The pharmasict suggested a stool softener so have tried 3 enemas which also haven't worked. I found information on the internet about faecal impaction, thinking this is what might be my problem I tried Movical it said to take 8 sachets in 6 hours. This has still not worked!!! All I keep getting is runny watery stools. Please help!!!!!
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.


Since how many days are you constipated? Is there any distension , pain?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have been constipated for a while now. I had severe pain last week. I have always had a distended tummy and has gotton worse lately as people have been asking if I am pregnant!

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

When all the measures including 3 enemas have failed to relieve it, you need to consult a proctologist for an examination. There can be fecal impaction as you thought of. It needs to be confirmed & taken care of. It may need manual release by breaking the stool.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery
Any query, please ask.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I had xrays taken on frida which showed the build up of faecal matter on the right side. The xray report said nothing about this?? How can I get my doctor to take me seriously??? Or can I book myself in to see a proctocologist??? Do I get charged for each reply??? If so please don't reply as I can't afford too much.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
It will not charge untill you press accept button. It will be calculated on the number of accept you press. You can contact an proctologist as I said for an opinion.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.
You should also look for any obstruction of the gut. So have an examination again.