How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Edward Johnson Your Own Question
Edward Johnson
Edward Johnson, U.S. Army Medic
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10760
Experience:  U.S. Army Medical Services Corps, and Special Forces Med School, Ft. Sam Houstan, Tx; EMT U.AK
Type Your Health Question Here...
Edward Johnson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have itchy, watery eyes all year. Right now they are red.

This answer was rated:

I have itchy, watery eyes all year long. Right now they are red. I would like to know if there is a cream I could use to help this problem. If I put sunglasses on they stream up so I can not see through them. If there is a cream I can put on them at night to help this problem. I have taken allergy medicine (pills) and they do not help. I just took an allergy test (blood sample) for environmental reasons. It showed a moderate allergy to ragweed.

Dear *****nafisher,

Thank you for your question.

There is unfortunately, no cream safe for human eyes that can be taken to relieve the itching and watering.

There are antibiotic ointments that can go on the eye lids, and even some antibiotic creams. BUT, these will not help alergies.

Hydrocortizone cream should never be placed in the eye, though if a physician prescribes it, you can put it on your eyelids. BUT you have to be careful not to put it in your eyes.

You may find some relief from non-steroidal ophthalmic eye drops which contain anit histamines. these will counter act the Mast cells production and wash the eye of irritants, to provide some relief. You can find some over the counter preperations, but it sounds like you need a prescription strength ordered by your physician.

Edward Johnson and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions