How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Salar Your Own Question
Salar, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9049
Experience:  int.medicine board eligible, research fellowship cardiology.. working at UTMCK
Type Your Health Question Here...
Salar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My big toe has suddenly turned purple, do you have any

Resolved Question:

My big toe has suddenly turned purple, do you have any suggestions on what it could be.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
did you have any recent procedure like heart cath etc? any numbness or pain in toes.. any limb weakness or inability to move? medical history n medlist
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had a spinal cord injury in 2000. I have experienced some numbness in toes in left foot (same foot as toe discoloration) for a couple of years, usually in winter. I broke my ankle (right foot) 2 years ago and plate was inserted in opposite foot of purple toe. There is some skin discoloration on right foot that has been there since I broke foot.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Regarding spinal cord injury. I am mobile now. I do have limb weakness since spinal cord injury but I can walk.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What type of doctor do you suggest I see for this kind of problem
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
you need to see neurosergon for spine issues... as for bluish toes you need to be evaluated ASAP to make sure that its not a clot either aterial most likely or venous clot... it will also be important to have platelets checked to rule out polymyalgias and erythromelalgia. this bluish discoloration could also be part of raynauds which is usually temporary.. for this issue go to ER
Salar and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
For possible blood clot, which doctor do I see, internal medicine?
Expert:  Salar replied 8 years ago.
your primary doctor can handle this issue. please give him a call.
Salar and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you