Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am a 33 year old woman, a mother of three and I just can't…

Customer Question
Hi, My name is *****...
Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am a 33 year old woman, a mother of three and I just can't seem to get any rest at all. I am tired all of the time even when I get the required amount of sleep and then some. I have bouts of dizzy spells and can't swallow easy from time to time.I have been taking Lexapro for anxiety and Omeprozole for acid reflux disease, but none of that seems to help. I also sweat quite abit and my heart races at times too. Please help me Iam so frustrated with my family doctor. I need a second opinion. Thanks a bunch!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Health
10/15/2008
Health Professional: Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD) replied 9 years ago
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,

The dizzy spells may come due to many causes. There may be dehydration , loss of fluid or fall of blood pressure . Heart rhythm abnormalities like heart racing may also lead to the attacks of dizziness or faintness. It may also occur from anxiety or stress or any neurological cause. When you are having heart racing along with sweating it can be due to anxiety or tension too. But you need an thorough examination along with testing like EKG , blood tests for Hb, glucose etc to exclude any physical cause.
Swallowing difficulty is known as dysphagia in medical terms. In swallowing different parts of the digestive systems are involved . This can be upper part or oropharyngeal one where it can come from simple anemia , esophageal web or zenker,s diverticulum to neuromusclar diseases.In the lower part it can come from the achalasia, reflux ,growth etc.
So you need a detailed investigation.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

I was wondering if any of these symptoms could be caused from an allergy to Gluten!

I saw a lady on the television who had the same symptoms as I do and hers was an allergy to Gluten! I am tired all the time, dizzy, having feelings of numbnous through shoulders and legs and feet as well,difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath, chest pain, stuttering when I speak, loss of concentration often, legs feel heavy, left outer thigh hurts everyday internally, and I have no control of my body stumbling,shaking, and sweaing alot.

Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)