Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

I was diagnosed with hypothroisism about 6 months ago after

I was diagnosed with hypothroisism about 6 months ago after a severe panic attack,and some follow up labs.At a beginning tsh level of 6.6. Now im down to about 3.5.My symtoms still are severe anxiety and these weird headaches that come and go.Also i feel like my head is full of air and i feel dizzy alot. I did not tolerate levothroxine so well and iam now on Armour thyroid.A natural desicated thyroid. I feel that my adrenals may have taken a tole on me throughout the years when i was not diagnosed.I have not had labs done for these but have been taking B-complex 1 pill a day to try to support them. Seems like it helps the anxiety when i take the vitamins a little but i get even more severe headaches and nassua. Whats going on with me?Their have been times when the anxiety seemed to have dimished after starting a new higher dosage but always comes back a few days later.

Anxiety disorder are frequently comorbid with Physical disorders such as Thyroid disorders.
It is possible that you may also be suffering from anxiety disorder as well (although a mental status examination and proper Psychiatric history is needed to confirm it).

As you have mentioned that you were not able to tolerate 4 SSRIs, but what about drugs such a Benzodiazepines,/ Bupropioin/ Buspirone / Venlafaxine/ Mirtazapine and several other more about which you can discuss with your treating doctor.

Also as another alternative, Psychotherapy such as Cognitive Behavioral therapy is a very good choice.

I hope it helps.

Regards